Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Long-Winded Thank You...


Is my artwork something to rival a Disney Animator or the great Picasso?  


That's an easy "no".


Will my artwork ever grace the walls of a famous gallery in New York or Paris?  


Probably not.


Could a kid just out of College with a degree in Digital Arts do what I do in less than half the time and better?  


More than likely.


Will I ever make thousands of dollars off of my work? 


"This bottle cap not a winner, please play again."


The fact of the matter is that I don't care as much about those things as I do the fact that I enjoy creating the art I create...and that I enjoy the fact that someone out there enjoys what they see every once and a while.  I do this because it brings me joy.  I do this because I still find it amazing that someone who taught themselves only the basics of using Photoshop can take a blank screen and turn it into a two dimensional fantasy that can make someone smile.  I do this because taking a subject and creating a piece of artwork based on it helps me to be "closer" to that subject...on an almost intimate level and lets me connect with my favorite places, things, and time periods.


I do this because I become a better individual with every piece of art.  I do this because my journey to learn more techniques is ongoing.  I do this because I am still searching for "my style".  But more importantly, I do this because I love doing it.


I hope you like what you see when it comes out...and I hope you will continue to share your comments and criticsms when it does.  Your feedback helps me to become a better artist...and you've all been an integral part of my artistic journey.  I am very lucky to have friends who are so supportive and who are not afraid to give me a "pinch" to bring me back to reality when I need it.


To all of you, thank you.  

No comments: